Senior Product Manager - Merchant App (Mobile)
At emporio.ai, product is the
foundation of everything we do. Our mission is to deliver the insights
that help everyone in an organisation reach their full potential. You
will work on delivering a Mobile Application for our merchant network in several countries with the goal of engaging with them and supporting them in growing their retail sales.
Draw on emporios expertise and understand what is available to support merchants. Tell the story, and give
them insights in a simple and automated way that can be used to take actions in merchants everyday life without requiring our users
to be expert data analysts.
You will own the delivery of
the Product roadmap including creation of Insights reports and the
acquisition of new data. Work as an embedded part of the Programme team
to build out the product roadmap and drive delivery. This role will
require a solid understanding of business metrics, people metrics, and
Your core tasks will include:
- Working closely with engineering & data science, design, sales and customer success teams to collect and prioritize product inputs and lead a team of 1-2 Product Managers.
- Conducting user interviews and market research
- Problem definition and solution design and validation
- Epics, stories and documentation for product development
- Define and track KPIs and metrics to measure results
- Managing product roadmap, including pricing, new features, segmentation etc
- Contributing to the overall product strategy
- A minimum of 4 years of product management experience in a software company
- Experience with Mobile App Development, Merchant Apps and Merchant Engagement tools is a strong advantage, experience in FMCG and Retail a plus.
- Proven experience translating customer needs into engineering requirements
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- A good presenter who is able to communicate to people of varied technical ability
- Experience facing customers and understanding the root cause of product inputs